How to convince your boss that …
… your business should help combat climate change.
Here’s five steps for you:
1. Put together suggestions on how your business can act on climate change. It can, for instance, be to reduce the number of employee flights or do an outside clean-up together as a team building event. Most importantly: Be creative and keep it fun!
2. Become a CHOOOSE member. Did you know that climate positivity can be plugged into anything? We should all reduce, reuse and recycle – in addition, you can help reduce CO2 emissions by funding projects in developing countries with CHOOOSE. In that way, you can make people, experiences, products and services climate positive, reducing more than the total CO2 footprint of your product or employees.
3. Read up on the sustainable development goals of the UN, and map out which ones your business can help reach. Did you know that SDG 17 regards partnership and collaboration? Perhaps you can invite another business to join efforts? The more, the merrier!
4. Make a petition. If you have the climate on your mind, there are definitely other colleagues that do too. When you’ve put together a list of suggestions and the relevant SDGs, gather signatures from your colleagues, and bring the petition to your boss. Fingers crossed, (s)he will acknowledge the wants of the employees!
5. Start saving the planet and inspire others to do the same! 💚