Ways to reduce the footprint of your day-to-day business
Measure. Reduce. Offset.
Those are the three pillars of Climate Neutral Now – the initiative by United Nations Climate Change. It aims to encourage and support climate action to achieve a climate neutral world by mid-century. That means:
… the footprint of your business and identify consumption and emissions patterns both in your core and day-to-day business. Ask yourself:
- How can transportation be optimized?
- Are there any packaging solutions that are more efficient?
- How does your employees travel to and from work?
- What do they eat for lunch every day, and what happens to the leftover food?
Set aside time to look through your routines.
… these as much as possible. That can involve:
- Offer vegetarian meals
- Minimize paper use
- Buy used equipment
- Sell or donate what you don’t use anymore
- Develop strict recycle and waste management systems
- Turn off the power at night
- +++ depending on context.
… those that can’t be avoided – this is where CHOOOSE can help.
Climate positivity can be plugged into any product, service or experience! Being climate positive means we help you compensate more than the actual footprint. CO2 is reduced by investing in projects in developing countries that replace fossil fuels with green energy, such as solar power or biogas. Our view is that climate change is a global problem and that the location of emission reductions is
irrelevant for the planet as whole.
Get in touch to explore opportunities on ways to combat climate change together 🏆🌎